Liberty is Prosperity

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

We are Consoled

We buried our 14 year old son yesterday. He was my best friend and my wife's best friend.

The church was full and the service was roundly described as "the best funeral ever" by those in attendance.

My son testified, via a video that was recorded when he was in the 4th grade. His testimony was a solo performance with the school choir, "I Believe".

He believed, as I believe, in Jesus Christ the Son of God, who gave us salvation and eternal life through his obedient separation from the Father as sacrifice for the sins of the world.

Because he believed, the service was indeed the Celebration of Life as stated on the bulletin.

As referenced in a previous post, we are consoled. Our consolation is in God the Creator of all things, who now draws our son closer to Himself, and will soon call us to be fully in Him as well.